WiFi and Wireless Printing
The Library provides customers with free internet access in all Library locations. Connect to a wireless network through your device settings, accept the use policy, and start surfing.
Printing from your wireless devices is available in all Library locations. Email email@example.com and follow the instructions in the return email. Prints can be picked up from any Library location. Regular printing fees apply (see below).
Every Library branch offers public computer stations, with the following software/programs available.
- Windows 10 operating system
- Internet browsers (ex. Chrome, Edge, Firefox)
- Adobe Reader (for PDFs)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Your privacy and information security are important to us. All files and use history are removed/erased when the computer station is restarted.
Main Branch also offers an Accessible Computer Station, with accessible software, and other assistive devices. See our Accessibility Services page, or speak with staff in branch for more information or further assistance.
Printing, Photocopying, Scanning, and Faxing
All Library locations offer the following services. Please note there is a small fee associated with printing and photocopying:
- Black and white printing/copying ($0.20 per page);
- Colour printing/copying ($0.50 per page);
- Document scanning to USB;
- Fax services.
See staff in branch for details or further assistance.
3D printing is available from Main Branch at $3 per print. To use our 3D printer, you must have completed our 3D printer certification course. Find current sessions in our Events Calendar or What's On. Call 905-683-4000 ext. 8813 to book a 3D printing appointment.
Complete our 3D Printer Tutorial videos and Quiz independently, and start 3D printing on your own! Looking for more information or want to submit your completed quiz? Send an email, stop by Main Branch, or give us a call. We can't wait to see what you create!
Borrow a mobile hotspot from the Library and get free access to the internet where you need it most! Thanks to the New Horizons for Seniors Program, Ajax Public Library is excited to provide technology that enables wireless internet access to our customers! Mobile Hotspots provide WiFi for smartphones, tablets, and computers through Rogers’ cellular network.
How to Borrow:
- Place a hold on "Mobile Hotspot" in the Library's catalogue.
- Pick-up your hotspot at the Library when it is available for you.
- Enjoy internet wherever you go!
- Mobile Hotspots may be loaned for up to 21 days. The device may be deactivated if it becomes overdue or lost.
- I am 16 years old or older and have a full Ajax Public Library Card (i.e. not an eCard).
- My account is in good standing with the Library.
- Library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expense resulting from use, or misuse, of the Device; connection of the Device to other electronic devices; or data loss resulting from use of the Device.
- I am responsible to return Device in good condition.
- I am responsible to pay for the replacement fee if the Device or peripheral was returned damaged or stopped working.
- Use of the Device is subject to the Library’s Internet Access Policy.
- The service is available in Canada within the Roger’s cellular network. International service is not available.
- The Device will provide Internet access to Wi-Fi enabled smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- The connection is 3G or 4G/LTD depending on the availability of the area.
- Library does not monitor or store any data related to users’ Internet activity.
- The Device may be deactivated if it becomes overdue or lost.
- Device should be kept in a temperature controlled environment. Do not leave in vehicle.