What is SPARK!?
SPARK! is an annual juried art show and competition for Ajax children from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. We encourage all types of art media, including pen, pencil, paint, crayon, pastels, markers, or any combination of these. This year, SPARK! returns to Main Branch!
- Art Drop-Off: February 22, 1:00 - 7:00 p.m. OR February 25, 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Main Branch.
- Art on Display (Main Branch): March 2 - 19, 2023
- Art Show and Reception: March 19, 2023, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
For full contest information, download the SPARK! Entry Form. Please attach the entry form to your child's art submission.
Submitted artwork will be organized and judged in three categories:
- Junior Kindergarten to Grade 3
- Grades 4 to 6
- Grades 7 and 8
Works will be independently juried by members of the PineRidge Arts Council. First, second, and third place awards will be given in each of the three grade-level categories. A People’s Choice Award will be given to the overall best in show, as chosen by voting during the Art Show and Reception (March 19, 2023).
Presented in partnership with the PineRidge Arts Council.
JK - Grade 3
1. Alice E., Grade 3, African Wild Dog
2. Alexandria K., Grade 3, Wild
3. Wali S., Grade 1, Sonic the Hedgehog
4. Gabriella A., SK, Koala
Grades 4 - 6
1. Katelyn E., Grade 6, The Croisshark
2. Kritikaa J., Grade 6, Chickadee is Waiting for Spring
3. Lovina, Grade 5, Photo from a Photobooth
Grades 7 - 8
1. Adithi M., Grade 7, Radiant Light
2. Henri B., Grade 7, Kitty Kat
3. Poorvikaa, Grade 8, Sweet Temptations
Holly C., JK, Party Dance With Family
Kanisha P., Grade 7, The Mountain Range