The Library provides proctoring services for written, open book and certain online examinations. Proctoring is offered during regular library hours at the Main Branch, subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources.
We are pleased to offer these services to distance learners as part of our commitment to the lifelong learning and continuing education needs of the community. To arrange for exam proctoring, please submit a request and a staff member will follow up with you.
Services are offered under the following guidelines:
- A minimum advance notice of one week is needed.
- All test-taking requirements must be received in advance of the testing date from the issuing educational institution.
- Students must show picture identification before receiving the examination.
- The cost for the Library's proctoring service is $20 per hour or part thereof.
- Students must contact the library to arrange for a time to complete their exam. Exams received but not completed by the student within 30 days will be returned to the issuing institution unless the student has made prior arrangements.
- Testing accommodations within the Library may vary. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the physical facilities are adequate for their test-taking requirements.
- The Library accepts no responsibility for any charges involved in proctoring (i.e. postal charges).
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that the library's computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. The Library will provide a computer that has Microsoft Word and Internet access. The Library cannot allow the installation of any special software on a library computer that may be needed to complete the examination.
Due to the amount of library resources involved in scheduling a test appointment, rescheduling of test appointments are subject to the Library's approval and may be subject to a fee.